I had the opportunity to craft along with other demonstrators back in June – we made a bunch of different projects using the Splendid Day Suite Collection (you can see those here). I’ve been, ahem, a little preoccupied with Christmas projects lately and decided I needed a break. So I turned back to this gorgeous collection. It includes a stamp/dies bundle, a spool of ribbon, a pack of 12″ x 12″ Specialty Paper and lovely trinkets:
I created this bookmark using these and other products.
To make this project, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cardstock/Paper: Sahara Sand (2 ½” x 5 ½”), Petal Pink (scrap), Basic White (Scrap); Splendid Day 12” x 12”Specialty DSP (2 ¼” x 5 ¼” and a scrap)
- Inks: Sahara Sand and Pool Party
- Basic Tools: Snips, Trimmer, Adhesives (Glue, Glue Dots), Clear Blocks
- Additional Tools/Supplies: Soft Seafoam 3/8” Binding, Open Leaf Trinkets; Very Best Trio Punch
- Stamps/Dies: Splendid Thoughts Bundle (stamp/dies)
To make this project, follow these steps:
- Punch each corner of the cardstock and DSP with the corner shaper of the Very Best Trio Punch. Adhere the DSP to the cardstock (I used liquid glue). Using the Very Best Trio Punch, punch a small rectangle into the top of the bookmark.
- On a scrap of Basic White, stamp the outline image in Sahara Sand and fill in with Pool Party (I stamped off once to give a more subtle look). They won’t line up so don’t sweat it. Crop using the coordinating die.
- Crop an outline shape using one of the delicate shaped dies and a scrap of Petal Pink. Use a smaller delicate die on a foil side of a scrap of the DSP
- Adhere these to the front of the bookmark
- Take a 20” length of Linen Thread and wrap around the book mark a time or two. Tie a bow with it -secure an Open Leaf trinket during the process
- Take a 10-15” piece of the Soft Seafoam Binding, double it up while running through the top of the bookmark, tie it off and trim as desired
Here is a video I made showing how I created this bookmark (with a little tip about the Very Best Trio Punch:)
I’ve included links to the products I used for this project below:Product List
For orders under $150, please use hostess code JYZZXTQY upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
Thanks for looking and if you have any questions please contact me. If you’d like to get my new posts directly to your inbox, please subscribe:
Have a happy crafty day!