The Places in the Heart stamp set is perfect for conveying congratulations and support to a new mom. I used a technique that I have never tried before – coloring the back of an image that has been stamped on vellum.
To make this project, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cardstock/Paper: Smoky Slate (4 ¼” x 11”, scored at 5 ½”), Subtles 6” x 6” DSP (Petal Pink, 4 ¼” x 5 ½”), Basic White (4” x 5 ¼”), scraps of Smoky Slate and Petal Pink, Vellum (2 ½” x 4”)
- Inks: Petal Pink and Basic Gray
- Basic Tools: Snips, Trimmer, Adhesives (Glue, Glue Dots), Clear Blocks
- Additional Tools/Supplies: Heart Pearls, Flirty Flamingo Blends Combo, Natural Tones Stampin’ Blends Collection, Mini Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- Stamps/Dies: Places in the Heart stamp set, Stylish Shapes dies
To make this project, follow these steps:
- Stamp mother/baby image on the vellum piece in Memento Ink – set aside to dry
- Adhere the DSP panel to the card front (I used liquid glue)
- Stamp smaller sentiment on a scrap of Smoky Slate and crop using the third smallest circle from the Stylish Shapes dies
- Crop a banner out of Petal Pink using the second smallest banner die from the Stylish Shapes dies
- Adhere the circle to the banner piece. Adhere this combination to the card front on the right side of the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Turn vellum piece over and using blends color the image (So you’ll be coloring the back of the vellum). Adhere to card front using a few glue dots
- Finish the card off using some Heart Pearls
Here’s a video showing how I created this card:
I’ve added the links to the products I’ve used below. These links will bring you straight to my online store:Product List
For orders under $150, please use hostess code FQUBD4QQ upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
Thanks for looking and if you like what you see, please subscribe:
Have a happy, crafty day!