Frosted gingerbread cookies and sweets definitely make me think of the holiday season. How about you?
I used the Frosted Gingerbread Bundle to create this holiday card following the sketch challenge #573 from Just Add Ink.
To make this card, you’ll need:
- Basic White Thick cardbase: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ on the long side
- Old Olive card stock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Early Espresso card stock: 2 5/8″ x 2 5/8″
- Shimmery White card stock: 2 1/2″ x 5″ (extra scrap measuring 1/2″ tall)
- Gingerbread and Peppermint DSP: 2 1/2″ x 2 1/2″ and piece with one of the designs from the dies (star, bell, etc) and peppermint candies
- Ink Pads: Old Olive and Real Red
- Adhesives: Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Fine-tip Glue Pen, Adhesive Sheets, and Mini Dimensionals
- Tools: Trimmer, Snips, Bone Folder, Blending Brushes, and Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- …And the Frosted Gingerbread Bundle (stamps/dies)
To make this card, follow these steps:
- Run your Old Olive card stock through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine with the border die from the Frosted Gingerbread bundle
- Use a Blending Brush and Old Olive ink to shade a piece of Shimmery White cardstock. Adhere an adhesive sheet to the back of this piece and run through the machine using the delicate dies of the star, bell, ornament and snowflake. Peel off adhesive backing and place as you wish on the large Old Olive piece – snip any extra hanging over the side using snips.
- Adhere both Old Olive pieces to the card base (I used multipurpose glue for the larger piece and the Fine-Tip glue pen for the delicate, small piece)
- Adhere your square DSP to the Early Espresso piece and adhere to center of card. Cut out desired shape from the DSP and adhere to center of box using mini Dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment on scrap of Shimmery White in Real Red and notch ends – adhere below center shape using mini Dimensionals.
- Die cut some peppermint candy shapes from the DSP and adhere around front of card as desired
Thanks for looking and happy crafting! Please contact me with any questions.Product List