The last card I made with this suite was black and white. I decided to try adding a little color and used Very Vanilla in place of the white this time. Hee hee!
I used the snowflake insert die from the Twinkling Lights dies to add some fun to my card front. The insert is the die shown in the square below. It can be used by itself (this card) or put inside the larger snowflake die to give that piece something extra):
To make this card, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Very Vanilla card stock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ along the long side and scraps
- Basic Black card stock: 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ and scraps
- Lights Aglow Collection (or separate bundles – see links below)
- Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black
- Satin Edged Ribbon and Festive Pearls
- Basic Tools (Snips, Trimmer, Adhesives, Clear Blocks)
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (Mini or Regular)
To make this card, follow these steps:
- Run your Basic Black panel through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine with the snowflake insert die several times to make a pattern of snowflakes you like. Run through again using the smaller snowflakes from the Labels Aglow Dies to fill in ‘blank spots’
- Using glue, adhere Basic Black panel to Very Vanilla card base
- Run snowflake (the larger one from the Twinkling Lights dies) through with Very Vanilla and Basic Black card stock. Adhere the Very Vanilla to the top of the Basic Black
- Adhere a length of the Satin Edged trim to the back of this snowflake and using Dimensionals, adhere to the lower left of the card front
- Stamp sentiment from Brightest Glow set on Very Vanilla scrap and cut out using coordinating die (then cut out same shape from Basic Black scrap). Adhere the Very Vanilla piece to the black piece (move black piece slightly to fill in holes created by die). Adhere to snowflake with Dimensionals
- Finish off with some Festive Pearls in gold
I’ve listed the products I’ve used below – the links will bring you to my online store:Product List
Remember, Sale-A-Bration is going on for January and February. For every 50 dollars spent (before shipping and taxes), you are entitled to free products from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. So exciting!! Joining Stampin Up! now (if interested) give you an option to add a Stampin’ Mini Cut & Emboss to your starter kit! Woo hoo!
For orders under $150, please use hostess code AFA4QYFQ upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
Thanks for looking and if you like what you see, please subscribe:
Have a happy crafty day!