I signed up for a swap using products from the new July to January mini catalog – I chose the Christmas Lights set as my focus. This set can be ordered by itself or as part of the larger Lights Aglow collection:
My initial thought was to go straight for traditional holiday colors for my swap but I was sort of spinning my wheels – everything I went to go try just didn’t do it for me. So I decided to go black and white for something different!
To make this card, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Christmas Lights and Brightest Glow Bundles
- Color & Contour Stamp set
- Basic White Thick card stock, 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored at 4 1/4″ along the long side
- Basic Black card stock cut at 5 3/8″ x 4 1 /8″ and piece for tree stamp
- Basic White card stock cut at 4″ x 5 1/4″ and scrap
- Versamark ink
- Silver and Black embossing powders
- Simply Elegant Trim and Iridescent Rhinestones
- Basic Tools (snips, trimmer, adhesives, clear blocks)
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (Mini or Regular)
- Heat Tool
To make this card, follow these steps:
- Adhere the Basic Black cardstock to the cardfront
- Using Versamark, stamp the ‘splotchy’ stamp from the Color & Contour stamp set in the upper left and bottom right of the Basic White panel. Cover in Black embossing powder and heat set with Heat Tool.
- Using Versamark, stamp Christmas tree on Basic Black card stock scrap and cover in Silver embossing powder. Heat set with Heat Tool. Cut out using die from Christmas Lights bundle
- Adhere Christmas tree to Basic White panel using glue
- Wrap length of silver twine from Simply Elegant Trim around white panel towards the bottom of the tree. Secure to the back using tape
- Adhere white panel to black panel on card front
- Stamp sentiment in Versamark on a scrap of Basic White and crop using die from Bright Glow bundle. Adhere over twine using Adhesive Foam Strips
- Tie a bow from silver twine and adhere to edge of sentiment
- Place a few Iridescent Rhinestones on card front to finish
I love how this came out!
I’ve included links to the products I’ve used below – they’ll take you straight to my online store. I’ve included the individual sets, as well as the whole collection:Product List
Remember, Sale-A-Bration is going on for January and February. For every 50 dollars spent (before shipping and taxes), you are entitled to free products from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. So exciting!! Joining Stampin Up! now (if interested) give you an option to add a Stampin’ Mini Cut & Emboss to your starter kit! Woo hoo!
For orders under $150, please use hostess code RTSC4UED upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
Thanks for looking and if you like what you see, please subscribe:
Have a happy crafty day!
One thought on “Christmas Lights Heat Embossed Card”