One of the more fun cards I designed for my Christmas in July Stamp Camp used the Gilded Leafing Embellishment. I bought it when it came out because, I mean, look at it! But like so many craft supplies, it sat lonely on my shelf. I decided to include it in my designs.
I think it really elevates this somewhat simple card – what do you think?
To make this card, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cardstock: Real Red (8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼” along the long side; 3 ¾” x 5”); Garden Green (4” x 5 ¼”; scraps for the sprigs of leaves), Basic White scrap
- Inks: Garden Green and Real Red
- Basic Tools: Snips, Trimmer, Adhesives (Glue, Tear & Tape, Dimensionals), Clear Blocks; Silicone Craft Sheet
- Additional Tools/Supplies: Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (Mini or Regular); Gilded Leafing Embellishment
- Stamps/Dies: Christmas Banners Bundle
To make this card, follow these steps:
- Adhere the Garden Green panel to the card base using liquid glue
- Cut out sprigs from Garden Green – I used six sprigs total
- Stamp/cut out the banner using Garden Green and Real Red – use desired sentiment
- Lay down Tear & Tape on the smaller Real Red panel in diagonals. I overlapped a little – the silicone craft sheet comes in handy for this part.
- Remove the backing of Tear & Tape adhesive and cover the exposed adhesive with bits of Gilded Leafing – brush away excess (I used an old rough sponge lightly)
- Adhere embellished Real Red panel on top of the Garden Green panel.
- Place some strips of Tear & Tape on the back of the banner, remove the backing, and place Garden Green sprigs as desired.
- Adhere this sprig/banner piece to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals
Here’s a short video on the process:
I’ve included links to the products I’ve used below – they’ll bring you directly to my online store. Thanks for the support!Product List
Remember, Sale-A-Bration is going on for July through August. For every 50 dollars spent (before shipping and taxes), you are entitled to free products from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. So exciting!! Joining Stampin Up! now (if interested) will also get you the bonus perk of the Making Plans collection added to your starter kit for free!
Thanks for looking and if you have any questions about this project or anything else Stampin’ Up!, please contact me. Please subscribe to get my new projects delivered directly to your inbox:
Have a happy crafty day!