No one likes to make sympathy cards but we all need them sooner or later.
This card is a somewhat simple card – heat embossing and blending are used for the main image.
To make this card, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Just Jade card base: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ along the 8 1/2″ side
- Cinnamon Cider cardstock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Basic White cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″
- Just Jade and Cinnamon Cider ink pads
- Clear Embossing Powder and Heat Tool
- Just Jade Gingham ribbon from the Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo
- The In Color 2020-2022 Square Gems
- Blending Brushes, Clear Blocks, Snips, Trimmer, Multipurpose Glue
- And of course, the Amazing Silhuoettes Cling Stamp Set
To make this card, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- After scoring and burnishing the Just Jade card base, adhere the Cinnamon Cider panel to it using liquid glue
- Stamp the tree image from the Amazing Silhouettes stamp set in Just Jade to the left on the Basic White panel. Immediately cover image in Clear Embossing powder and heat set using the Heat Tool
- Stamp the sentiment in Just Jade as shown (I stamped off once for a lighter image)
- Using a Blending Brush and the Cinnamon Cider, carefully fill in the tree outline of the embossed image. When done, use a tissue to wipe off excess ink that may be left on the embossed part of the tree image
- Take a 6-inch length of the gingham ribbon and secure to the Basic White panel – I wrapped it around and used regular transparent tape to secure to the back. Tie a bow using another length (you choose the length depending on how you make your bows) Adhere this as shown using a Mini Glue Dot
- Adhere this panel to the Cinnamon Cider panel using liquid glue
- Finish off with a few square gems in Just Jade
You can use any color combination you’d like – I chose these two colors and they are outgoing In Colors. Trying to give them one last hurrah!
I’ve included links to all the products I used to make this card below. The links will bring you to my personal online store. Thanks for your support!Product List
For orders under $150, please use hostess code VKEV22HZ upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
Thank you for looking and if you like what you see, please subscribe: