I’ve said it before but I’m going to say it again – I love treat packaging!! Little gifts of sweets are one of my favorite things to give to people. It’s an instant pick-me-up and it helps me get candy out of my house.
There is a set of dies in the new annual catalog that are sort of hidden away: the Cracker and Treat dies. Cracker boxes are a super way to give gifts and this little die set makes it so much easier. While the final product is slightly smaller than ones I’ve made in the past, you could easily attach two together to make a bigger cracker.
Here is the die for the cracker box and all the other fun doo-dads:
It does all the work for you – the scoring, the notching – it’s perfect!
To make this box, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cracker & Treat Dies
- Double Oval Punch
- Sending Smiles Stamp Set
- 6” x 6” piece of Butterfly Kisses DSP
- Scraps of Basic White, Parakeet Party, Calypso Coral, and Fresh Freesia Card stock
- Calypso Coral and Fresh Freesia Inks
- Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon
- Basic Tools (Bone Folder, Snips, Clear Blocks, Adhesives)
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
To make this box, follow these steps:
- Using the die, cut the cracker box out of the 6”x 6” piece of DSP – burnish the score lines
- Stamp sentiment on Basic White and cut out using banner die (cut another banner out of Parakeet Party – you’ll cut this piece in half and adhere to the back of the white piece)
- Punch ovals out of Calypso Coral and Fresh Freesia – stamp ‘dot’ in Fresh Freesia on smaller oval
- Adhere the smaller oval to the scalloped oval using glue – then the banner to that piece
- Assesmble the cracker using Tear and Tape and matching up the diamond cut outs – one panel overlapping the other
- Close cracker ends using the Fresh Freesia ribbon and adhere the sentiment panel
I’ve used the paper from the Butterfly Kisses Suite Collection, the Double Oval punch, and a sentiment from the Sending stamp set – but I’m pretty sure any combo would be adorable.
Here are links to the products I’ve used – they’ll bring you straight to my online store. Thanks for the support.Product List
For orders under $150, please use hostess code 44NBEFYC upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
Next time, I’m going to try and make a longer cracker. Longer cracker equals more candy! Happy crafting!!