October is fully here so I have to get a jump on my Halloween cards (I’ve been spending all my time, it seems, using the great holiday products from the new mini catalog.)
Because these pumpkins, ghosts, skull, and kitty cats are just too cute – I had to distress the paper a little bit here to give this card a spooky feel. The DSP does all of the hard work for this card.
To make this card, you’ll need
- Highland Heather cardbase: 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″ along the long side
- Cute Halloween DSP: 1 piece at 4″ x 5 1/4″; 3 pieces 4 1/2″ long of varying widths and cut on angles; some scraps to cut your ghosts, pumpkins, etc out using your punch
- Scrap of Granny Apple Green cardstock
- Gorgeous Grape sheer ribbon (20″ lenght)
- Tools: Trimmer, Bone Folder, Snips
- Adhesives: Stampin’ Dimensionals and Stampin’ Seal +
- …and of course, the Cute Halloween Bundle (stamps/punch)
To make this card, follow these steps:
- Distress you large piece of DSP – I used my snips. I opened them slightly and scraped the edges. You can also use your bone folder and run up and down the edge. Adhere to cardbase using Dimensionals
- Adhere your strips of DSP using Stampin’ Seal + – I cut 1 piece at an angle to get my 3 skulls and played around from there.
- Punch out a few ghosts, pumpkins, and cats using the DSP and the punch – adhere using Dimensionals or Stampin’ Seal + to give varying height.
- Take a 2″ scrap of Granny Apple Green and punch out top using the Fancy Tag Topper punch (oh, this guy gets a workout in my craft room) Distress the edges. Stamp you sentiment in Tuxedo Black. Then take a deep breath and crumple that up – it took me a few tries to go through with this – I was so glad I did – it looks great!!!
- Take the 20″ length of ribbon, fold in half and pull through the tag top. Tie a bow and then trim the edges – you’ll be left with a double bow. Love these! Adhere your tag using Dimensionals.
- Stand back and bask in the cuteness of this card.
I’ve included the links to the products I used below. They are available in my online store. For orders under $150, please use hostess code 4VHNYACW upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.Product List
Thanks for looking and if you like what you see, please subscribe: