Whenever I need a gift card holder, this is my go-to design. It’s quick, fits a gift card perfectly, and can be decorated any which way you like. And bonus, you can get 3 out of one sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ cardstock. I used the Penguin Place bundle with the coordinating Penguin Playmate DSP (available free with a $50 purchase through the end of September).
To make this gift card holder, you’ll need:
- Just Jade cardstock: 3 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored along the long side at 2″ and 6″
- Balmy Blue cardstock (belly band): 1″ x 8 1/2″
- Penguin Playmate DSP: 3 1/4″ x 2 1/4″ and 3 1/4″ x 1 3/4″
- Scraps of Basic Black, Basic White, and Calypso Coral
- Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black, Calypso Coral Ink Pad, and Misty Moonlight Ink Pad
- White Glittered Organdy Ribbon
- Your basic tool kit (snips, bone folder, trimmer, Dimensionals, Tear & Tape, Stampin’ Seal)
- Detailed Trio Punch
- ……..And the Penguin Place bundle
To assemble, follow these steps:
- Burnish the score marks using bone folder and adhere the larger flap to the middle section using Tear & Tape
- Round the corner of the Just Jade (smaller flap) and smaller DSP piece (just on side that will face down)
- Adhere the DSP using Stampin’ Seal – the larger piece on the bottom flap and the smaller piece on the outside of the smaller flap
- Wrap the Balmy Blue strip around the closed gift card holder and secure tabs together using Tear & Tape (make sure not to make to tight)
- Assemble a penguin by using the Penguin punch and scraps of Basic Black, Basic White, and Calypso Coral cardstock
- Stamp sentiment on a scrap of Basic White and notch end out
- Adhere two small pieces of of White Glittered Organdy ribbon to the belly band using Stampin’ Seal and the sentiment piece above that.
- Adhere the penguin on the belly band using Stampin’ Dimensionals
I think the hardest part of this design is deciding how to decorate it – right?
I’ve added the links to the products I’ve used below – they are available in my online store.
Remember it’s Sale-A-Bration, so for every $50 you spend, you can earn free product. Please use Hostess Code 4VHNYACW on check out if your order is under $150. If your order is over $150, don’t use that code and enjoy the Stampin’ Rewards for yourself. Even better – join as demonstrator and get a bonus bundle!Product List
Thanks for looking and if you like what you see, please subscribe: