This past weekend, I was excited to be able to take part in the Creativity Now virtual event. We used the new Translucent Florals bundle :
It won’t be available for a bit – (I’m thinking in the new mini catalog in September . . ) but it should be a hot ticket. It has a lot of sentiments and the flower builder dies are so easy to use.
I thought I’d make some alternatives using a similar layout to the projects we made at this event – in case you really wanted to make something and are pining over the wait for the new bundle – haha!
Here is the first card we made during the event – and a stepped up version! I really enjoyed the additional project for each layout. All of the projects ‘stepped up’ cards were really just adding one or two additional items or techniques – something so attainable. I may try this at my next in-person class. Anyhoo – back to the first cards we made during the event (scroll on through):
I used the simple layout from the first card – let’s compare the planned project and my alternative:
To make this project, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cardstock/Paper: Poppy Parade (8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼” on the long side), Basic White (4” x 5 ¼” and 4” x 3/8”)
- Ink: Poppy Parade, Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, and Berry Burst
- Basic Tools: Snips, Trimmer, Adhesives (Glue, Glue Dots, Dimensionals)
- Additional Tools/Supplies: Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- Stamps/Dies: Sending Smiles Photopolymer Stamp Set and the Deckled Rectangles Dies
To make this project, follow these steps:
- On the large piece of Basic White, stamp two stem images in Garden Green and top off with Poppy Parade flowers. Fill in the flowers’ centers with Daffodil Delight. Using the second and third largest rectangle dies from the Deckled Rectangles set, run this stamped Basic White panel through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. Run both dies through at the same time so that you get a nice little frame piece.
- Using Dimensionals, adhere both of these pieces (together – don’t separate them) to the card front.
- Stamp your chosen sentiment on the small strip of Basic White using Berry Burst ink. Trim either side on an angle and affix it to the front of the card using Dimensionals.
Here are the items that I used to make this quick card:Product List
For orders under $150, please use hostess code V6PCVQBB upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
If you are looking at that list of products and want it all, now through the end of June is a great time to join Stampin’ Up! For $99 dollar you can get $155 of product. If you’ve been thinking about possibly becoming a demonstrator (whether for business reasons or to get that great discount as a ‘hobby’ demonstrator), now is the time to do so. Contact me for more information – or if you’re ready to go, click here to get started.
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look – if you like what you see, please share on your social media pages. And please subscribe – you’ll get all of my new projects delivered straight to your inbox.
Thanks so much for taking a look at my alternative take on the Creativity Now project! I hope you liked it. Have a happy, crafty day!