This card is an alternative take on the second card we made during the Creativity Now virtual event from this past weekend.
We made these two cards using the new Translucent Florals bundle (available in a month or two):
I really enjoyed using embossing paste on the more ‘stepped up’ card so I decided to try my own similar design. I used the Nature’s Prints stamp set and Natural Prints dies.
Let’s compare the two projects:
To make this project, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cardstock/Paper: Gray Granite (8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼” on the long side; 4 ¼” x 5 ½”); Basic White (4” x 2”; 4” x 5 ¼”)
- Ink: Garden Green and Gray Granite
- Basic Tools: Snips, Trimmer, Adhesives (Glue, Glue Dots, Dimensionals)
- Additional Tools/Supplies: Copper Clay Ribbon, Embossing Paste, Palette Knives, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- Stamps/Dies: Nature’s Prints Stamp Set, Natural Prints Dies, and the Deckled Rectangles Dies
To make this project, follow these steps:
- On the Gray Granite card base, stamp the thin floral sprig image a few times towards the outer edges in Gray Granite ink.
- Cut out the wreath shape from the Natural Prints dies from the 4 ¼” x 5 ½” piece of Gray Granite. This will serve as your mask for the embossing paste. Line up this panel with the card front (place the center of the wreath down on the card – you can try and hold it down or affix with a glue dot. It will rip up when you are done, but we’ll be covering it with some more pieces.) Using the palette knives, cover the exposed areas with embossing paste. Bend the card to pop up the center of the wreath shape and carefully remove it. Set aside to dry.
- Stamp two large leave images in Garden Green on the large Basic White panel. Cut these images out using the coordinating dies.
- Stamp the sentiment using Gray Granite ink on the smaller piece of Basic White. Cut out using a larger Deckled Rectangle die. The desired effect is to have the bottom of the white piece deckled and the remaining 3 not. It depends on the sentiment you choose. Place a piece of a Tear & Tape on the back of this piece (towards the bottom) and secure the Copper Clay ribbon to it. Trim as desired.
- Once the paste has dried on the card front, affix the two large leaf images using Dimensionals. Affix the sentiment panel above these using Dimensionals, as well.
Here are the products that I used to make this card – the links will bring you to my online store:Product List
For orders under $150, please use hostess code V6PCVQBB upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
If you are looking at that list of products and want it all, now through the end of June is a great time to join Stampin’ Up! For $99 dollar you can get $155 of product. If you’ve been thinking about possibly becoming a demonstrator (whether for business reasons or to get that great discount as a ‘hobby’ demonstrator), now is the time to do so. Contact me for more information – or if you’re ready to go, click here to get started.
Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look – if you like what you see, please share on your social media pages. And please subscribe – you’ll get all of my new projects delivered straight to your inbox.
Hope you have a happy, crafty day!