We made this card at the stamp camp I held this past weekend. I love that it was simple to put together but looks so very pretty.
I used the Wonderful Thoughts bundle from the new Annual Catalog from Stampin’ Up!
It’s one of those great sets that has a bunch of sentiments. The coordinating dies cut out those sentiments (see you later fussy cutting) and also offer some labels and other shapes.
To make this project, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cardstock/Paper: Petal Pink (5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”), Garden Green (2 ½” x 5 ¼”), Distressed Gold (3 pieces: ½” x 3 ¼”), Scraps of Soft Sea Foam and Lemon Lolly
- Ink: Garden Green
- Basic Tools: Snips, Trimmer, Adhesives (Glue, Glue Dots, Dimensionals)
- Additional Tools/Supplies: Basics 3D Embossing Folders (currently unavailable), Pool Party Ribbon, Brushed Brass Butterflies, Take Your Pick Tool, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
To make this project, follow these steps:
- Emboss the Garden Green piece of card stock. Take a 7” length of the Pool Party Ribbon and secure it to the right side of this green piece. I used transparent tape to secure the ribbon to the back – I find this works the best. Use liquid glue to adhere this panel to the Petal Pink card front.
- Stamp the sentiment on a scrap of Lemon Lolly card stock and trim very closely. (There is also a die you can use for this). Then cut out each part of the sentiment (there are 3 sentences.) Glue these toward the right edge of the Distressed Gold pieces (one sentiment for each piece of gold).
- Cut out two floral pieces from scraps of Soft Seafoam and adhere them to the card front, as shown (one going towards the upper right and one towards the lower right).
- Use Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the 3 sentiment/Distressed Gold pieces to the card front, as shown. I usually place the top and bottom ones first and then center the middle piece.
- Finish the card off using some Brushed Brass Butterflies.
I’ll put the links to the products I used below. The Basics 3D Embossing Folders aren’t currently available but will be on May 15th – so soon….Product List
For orders under $150, please use hostess code RTSC4UED upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
If you are interested in hosting a party, please contact me – it’s the perfect way to have fun with your friends and get some help crossing things off your wish list.
I hope you enjoyed this project – I certainly did (but honestly – whenever that Distressed Gold paper is involved, I’m happy – haha). If you haven’t subscribed, please do so – you’ll get all my posts delivered to your inbox as I publish them – perfect crime!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get to do something crafty today!