I always need a birthday card – don’t you? It’s been easier keeping track of the cards I need with my new birthday planner (check it out here). I made this card rather quickly using the Framed Florets bundle. The longest part was the fussy cutting of the flowers – do you like to fussy cut?
To make this project, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cardstock/Paper: Evening Evergreen (5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼” on the long side), Fresh Freesia (4” x 3”), Basic Black (4” x 5”), Favored Flowers Designer Series Paper
- Ink: Blackberry Bliss
- Basic Tools: Snips, Trimmer, Adhesives (Glue, Glue Dots, Dimensionals)
- Additional Tools/Supplies: Wink of Stella, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- Stamp Set/Dies: Fitting Florets Stamp Set and DIes
To make this project, follow these steps:
- Cut out a fancy frame from the Basic Black and Fresh Freesia pieces of cardstock. (We’ll only be using the black outer frame and the Fresh Freesia inner oval). Adhere the Basic Black outer frame to the card front using glue.
- Stamp the birthday sentiment on the Fresh Freesia inner oval and adhere that to the inside of the black outer frame on the card front using Dimensionals.
- Fussy cut two flower images out of the DSP – your choice. I chose a large purple flower and 2 smaller Calypso Coral flowers. Adhere these flowers using a combination of glue and Dimensionals.
- Finish this project off by flicking the Wink of Stella brush inside the cap outwards onto the card front. This will help spray flecks of beautiful shimmer onto the card.
I’ve included links to the products I’ve used below, they’ll bring you straight to my online store – thank you for your support. One word of warning – it appears the dies for this set are on back order until March. Let me know if you want me to add you to my list.Product List
For orders under $150, please use hostess code QXSB2RYC upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
Remember, Sale-A-Bration is going on for January and February. For every 50 dollars spent (before shipping and taxes), you are entitled to free products from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. So exciting!! Joining Stampin Up! now (if interested) give you an option to add a Stampin’ Mini Cut & Emboss to your starter kit! Woo hoo!
Thanks for taking a look at my card and I hope you enjoyed it – if you like what you see and would like to subscribe to my blog – please do so:
Have a happy crafty day!