The Santa Express collection has everything you need to make some really cute cards. The stamp set lends itself to coloring but I decided to take advantage of the adorable DSP and let that be the star of this card.
To make this card, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cardstock/Paper: Santa Express Memories & More cards/envelopes, Santa Express DSP, Scraps of Real Red and Basic White, Snowy White paper (2” x 6” and scrap), scrap of Basic Black
- Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
- Basic Tools: Snips, Trimmer, Adhesives (Glue, Dimensionals), Clear Blocks
- Additional Tools/Supplies: Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (Mini or Regular), Stylish Shapes Dies, Basic Embossing Powder, Heat Tool; Adhesive Backed Stars
- Stamps/Dies: Santa Delivery Bundle
To make this card, follow these steps:
- From Santa Express DSP: trim a background scene 6” x 3”; cut out a Santa/train car using dies from the Santa Delivery bundle
- Cut out a train track from Basic Black Scrap
- Cut out two ‘smoke puffs’ from a scrap of Snowy White paper
- Stamp sentiment in Versamark on Real Red scrap, cover in white embossing powder, and heat set using the Heat Tool
- Stamp a ‘sign post’ in Memento Black and color in. Cut out using a die
- Adhere the 2” x 6” piece of Snowy White paper to a Memories & More card front using glue. Adhere towards the bottom of the card. Then, adhere the ‘background’ scene on top of that – moving more towards the top of the card front. There will be overlap.
- Glue the train track to the card front (near the seam of the two prior pieces glued down), towards the left side of the card
- Using Stampin’ Dimensionals, adhere the train car and Santa to the train track. Adhere the smoke puffs using Dimensionals, as well
- Place the sentiment banner using Dimensionals. Glue the sign post down.
- Finish off with some Adhesive Backed Stars
Here’s a video I made for the card:
I’ve added links to the products I’ve used for this card – both as a collection and separately:Product List
For orders under $150, please use hostess code 44NBEFYC upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
Remember, Sale-A-Bration is going on for July through August. For every 50 dollars spent (before shipping and taxes), you are entitled to free products from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. So exciting!! Joining Stampin Up! now (if interested) will also get you the bonus perk of the Making Plans collection added to your starter kit for free!
Thanks for looking and if you like what you see, please subscribe:
Have a happy crafty day!