Have you seen the Bay Window fancy fold? I think it has been around for a while but…. I just saw it for the first time last week and I knew right away that I had to give it a go. It folds flat for mailing and then it can be propped open to stand and resemble….a bay window (below is a view from above).
A little scoring is really all you need to make this impressive card – here is the basic layout:
- Card base: 4 1/4″ x 11; score at 3/8”, 1 7/8″, 3 5/8″, 5 1/8″ and 5 1/2″
- Designer Series Paper: 4 1/8″ x 6″ then cut that into 1 3/8″, 1 5/8″ and 1 3/8″ (these will go ‘in order’ on the front 3 panels to make the pattern look complete). There will be a 1 5/8″ piece left and that will go on the inside of the card, all the way to the right.
- Designer Series Paper – 2 pieces cut at 1/4″ x 4 1/8″ – I used the awesome Be Dazzling Sale-A-Bration item on the Artistically Inked birthday card.
- Adhere the two 1/4″ wide pieces of DSP to the first and last 3/8″ sections on the card front; adhere the 3 ‘in order’ panels on the front of the card; adhere the 1 5/8″ piece of DSP you were left with on the inside of the card.
- The rest is up to you – if your sentiment is small, you can certainly adhere over the inside piece of DSP with Stampin’ Dimensionals or you can use another item for that. This will help prop the card open – I used the flower on the Artistically Inked card and then an ice cream cone on this card:
What stamp sets/suites would you use? I’d love to see your creations!
I included the links to the products I used below where you can purchase them at my online store. If your order is under $150, please use hostess code TKWSHVF4 at check out. If your purchase is over that amount, do not use that code and enjoy the Stampin’ Rewards you’ll earn. Remember that it’s Sale-A-Bration, so for every $50 you spend, you can earn a free product. The Be Dazzling paper I used on the Artistically Inked card is one of those products. If you have any questions, please contact me.Product List
Thanks for looking – and if you like what you see, please subscribe.