I thought I’d jump back to my favorite black, white, and gray color scheme for a card. I’ve been knee deep in Shaded Spruce, Real Red, and Garden Green for my Christmas crafting – I needed a break.
This thank you card uses ink but no stamps – just an embossing folder. I saw a cute card by Michelle Quinno on Instagram that used a technique I have not used in a while. You basically drag an ink pad over one side of an embossing folder and then run your paper through an embossing machine. It produces a really nice effect – that’s how I achieved that really worn look on the front of this card.
To make this project, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White (11” x 4 ¼”, scored at 5 ½” on the long side); Smoky Slate (4” x 5 ¼”), Basic Black (3 pieces cut at 1 1/8” x 4 1/8”); Scraps of Basic Black and Basic White; Vellum Layering Designs (3 pieces cut at 1” x 4”)
- Ink: Memento in Tuxedo Black
- Basic Tools: Snips, Trimmer, Adhesives (Glue, Glue Dots, Dimensionals)
- Additional Tools/Supplies: Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder, Amazing Thanks Dies, Stamin’ Cut & Emboss Machine; Black Matte Dots
To make this project, follow these steps:
- Drag the ink pad over one side of the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder; place the Smoky Slate piece inside of the folder and run through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine; Adhere this piece to the card front using glue
- Adhere the strips of vellum to the strips or Basic Black (I used two glue dots for each piece of vellum – one at either end); adhere these panels to the Smoky Slate piece towards the left of the card
- Cut out the word ‘Thanks’ using the Amazing Thanks dies (use Basic White for the solid piece and Basic Black for the thinner piece); adhere the black to the white piece using glue and adhere to the card front using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Finish off with a few Black Matte Dots
Here are the products that I used to make this card – the links will take you to my online store – thanks for the support!Product List
For orders under $150, please use hostess code AFA4QYFQ upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
Thanks for stopping by – if you like what you see, please consider subscribing:
Have a happy crafty day!