Earlier in the week, I made a Christmas tag using the Cottage Wreaths stamp set/Country Wreaths dies. I decided to make a card too! After perusing the new mini catalog (available to you for ordering in September – already for me because I’m a demo – perk!!!!), I noticed a cute patterned paper I couldn’t find anywhere.
Then it struck me! They must have changed up the 2023-2025 InColor Treat Bags – I used the Pebbled Path bag for this card front. I added some Sweet Sorbet lines to make it fun!
To make this project, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cardstock/Paper: Shaded Spruce (8 ½” x 5 ½”, scored at 4 ¼” on the short side), 2023-2025 InColor Treat Bag, Basic White (3 ½” x 3 ½” and scraps)
- Ink: Shaded Spruce, Sweet Sorbet, Pebbled Path
- Basic Tools: Snips, Trimmer, Adhesives (Glue, Glue Dots, Dimensionals)
- Additional Tools/Supplies: 2023-2025 InColor Jute Trim, Sweet Sorbet Stampin’ Blends, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (Regular)
- Stamps/Dies: Cottage Wreaths Stamp Set, Country Wreaths Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies
To make this project, follow these steps:
- Trim a treat bag down to 4“ x 5 ¼” (this will separate the bag – I used the front piece as it had no seam). Using a ruler and the dark Sweet Sorbet Stampin’ Blend, add lines to the plaid pattern of the bag.
- Secure a 7” piece of jute trim (in Pebbled Path) to this bag piece by wrapping it around and securing it with transparent tape. This will be tricky as the paper is thin. If you have a hard time with it, you can always adhere the bag piece to a 4” x 5 ¼” piece of Basic White to make it more stable. Affix this panel to the Shaded Spruce card base.
- Cut a circle out of the square piece of Basic White using the largest circle die from the Stylish Shapes dies. Using a smaller circle die, lightly trace a circle on the center of this piece.
- Using this light pencil circle, stamp leaf images around it, making a wreath. I stamped once in full-strength Shaded Spruce then moved the stamp slightly and stamped again – I think this gives it a little texture.
- Stamp some berries in Sweet Sorbet and holly leaves in Shaded Spruce on the scrap of Basic White. Cut these out using the coordinating dies. Adhere these as you wish on the wreath using glue or glue dots.
- Stamp the sentiment on a scrap of Basic White using Pebbled Path ink. Cut this out using the smallest banner from the Stylish Shapes dies. Affix this using Mini Dimensionals.
- Affix the circle to the card front using Dimensionals
- Tie a double bow out of a length of jute and affix with a glue dot to the left of the wreath circle.
Here are the products that I used:Product List
Thanks for looking at this project! Which color bag would you use?
If you like what you see, please subscribe:
Have a happy, crafty day!