I’ll be the first to admit (which I have several times already here) that I buy things that I never use. Well, the Brushstroke Specialty Paper was one of those items. OMG – I need that [to sit on my shelf].
I took it out and immediately slumped my shoulders when thinking about what I have been missing. Take a look:
Looking at the Night of Navy piece, my mind turned to the ocean and of course, the Whale Done Stamp Set/Whale Builder Punch combo.
To make this card, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Cardstock/Paper: Basic White (4 ¼” x 11”, scored at 5 ½” along the long side; scraps), Brushstrokes Specialty Paper (Night of Navy, 4” x 5 ¼”), Vellum (3” x 3”)
- Inks: Night of Navy, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody
- Basic Tools: Snips, Trimmer, Adhesives (Glue, Glue Dots), Clear Blocks
- Additional Tools/Supplies: Decorative Matte Dots; Whale Builder Punch
- Stamps/Dies: Whale Done Stamp Set, Layering Circles Dies
To make this card, follow these steps:
- Using Night of Navy Ink, stamp the whale image onto a scrap of Basic White. Cut out the image using the punch.
- Using a circle from the Layering Circles dies, cut out a circle of vellum. Stamp the school of fish image on the vellum at various spots using Mango Melody ink. Set the vellum aside to dry.
- Stamp the seaweed images onto scraps of Basic White using Granny Apple Green; stamp the sentiment onto a scrap using the Mango Melody Ink. Fussy cut the seaweed and sentiment.
- Adhere the Brushstrokes Specialty Paper to the card base using liquid glue. Adhere the larger seaweed piece just left of center on the card front – then layer the vellum over that. To adhere the vellum piece, I put a small line of glue in the center horizontally. Adhere the whale to the vellum with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the smaller seaweed piece towards the right of center. Affix the sentiment piece using Dimensionals.
- Finish off the cards with some white Decorative Matte Dots.
And here’s a short video for making the card:
I’ve included links to the products I’ve used below – you’ll be whisked away to my online store when clicking on the images.Product List
For orders under $150, please use hostess code RTSC4UED upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
Remember, Sale-A-Bration is going on for January and February. For every 50 dollars spent (before shipping and taxes), you are entitled to free products from the Sale-A-Bration catalog. So exciting!! Joining Stampin Up! now (if interested) give you an option to add a Stampin’ Mini Cut & Emboss to your starter kit! Woo hoo!
Thanks for looking – if you like what you see, please subscribe:
Have a happy, crafty day!