I love to pair grays with colors when I’m making cards. In this card, I’ve used Blushing Bride and some of the new Gold & Rose Gold specialty paper. With a gray and white background, I think the pink onesie really stands out. (I like to use this technique a lot).
To make this card, I used the following:
- 4 1/4″ x 11″ Basic White (Thick) cardstock scored at 5 1/2″
- Blushing Bride cardstock: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
- Smoky Slate cardstock: 4 x 5 1/4″
- Basic White cardstock: 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″
- Rose Gold specialty paper: 1/4″ x 5 1/4″
- scraps of Basic White, Basic Black, and Gold & Rose Gold specialty paper
- Tuxedo Memento Ink, Smoky Slate and Blushing Bride Ink Pads
I stamped the ‘clothesline’ and sentiment onto my Basic White and then layered (Blushing Bride on bottom, then Smoky Slate, then Basic White). I attached this layered piece to the card base using multipurpose liquid glue. I stamped the baby clothes and bib on scraps of white and cut out using the dies from the bundle. I cut out the clothes pins and heart from scraps as shown above.
I adhered the gray onesie and bib using glue and popped up the pink onesie using a mini dimensional. I stamped two stars in Blushing Bride next to the sentiment and placed the gold heart in the middle (using a mini dimensional). I then used the glue to adhere the strip of rose gold horizontally above the sentiment.
If you haven’t seen this specialty paper yet, here is a picture that does it no justice whatsoever – haha. I had assumed it was going to be glittery – but it’s almost like a brushed silk – it’s absolutely beautiful.
Thanks for looking – please subscribe if you like what you see!
Here are the products used with links to my online store:Product List