Who doesn’t love a simple congrats card? Okay – this doesn’t look simple but that’s only because the specialty paper used on the flowers makes it so fancy. A simple cut of patterned paper and some background stamping adds to the fancy.
To make this card, you’ll need the following supplies:
- Basic White (Thick for card base – 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″ on the long side; scrap for sentiment
- Blushing Bride card stock (scrap for behind sentiment)
- Pattern Party Host DSP (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ – cut on any angle you wish)
- Gold & Rose Gold Specialty Paper (I used about 3″ x 6″ in both Gold and Rose Gold)
- Blushing Bride Classic Ink Pad
- Basic Supplies (Trimmer, Snips, Glue, Dimensionals, Clear Blocks)
- Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- …and the In Bloom Bundle (stamp set/die)
To make this card, follow these steps:
- Cut your DSP on any angle you want – I placed my piece in my trimmer, eye-balled it, and cut away
- Place the DSP on your card base to get an idea of where you need to background stamp. I used one of the smaller images from the set with Blushing Bride ink – I stamped once full-strength and then stamped off.
- Once you’ve stamped the background as you desire, adhere the DSP with liquid glue.
- Cut out an assortment of flowers and stems using the dies, the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine. I plotted out where I’d want the flowers and stems and then glued them down (I did the stems first then the flowers)
- Stamp the sentiment on a scrap of Basic White and cut out using the ‘label’ die from the set. Cut out the same shape of a piece of Blushing Bride; cut this piece in half and trim off. Adhere to the back of the white piece with glue. Affix the sentiment to the card front using Dimensionals.
I’ve included links to the products I’ve used on this card below. These links will take you to my online store. The In Bloom stamp set and Pierced Blooms dies are currently a “last chance” item – so get them while supplies last. The dies are also deeply discounted (50% off)- they’re only $18.50.Product List
For orders under $150, please use hostess code RTSC4UED upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
Thanks for looking and if you like what you see, please subscribe: