Pretty or unique gift card holders are a life saver – just like the gift cards that fill them! Whether you’re buying one for that person on your holiday list that is hard to shop for or supplementing your stash of goodies already bought, it’s always nice to gift that gift card in a fun package.
This gift card holder is version of one I saw made by Dawn Griffith a few years ago (See her video here) – but with an added twist. This gift card holder needed room for a lot of signatures – so I expanded it from the regular two panel card to open up to 3 panels, providing ample room for all to sign.
- (1) 5 1/2″ X 12″ scored at 4″ and 8″ (This is base of the card)
- (2) 5 3/8″ x 3 7/8″ (This is the first layer on the inside 2 panels)
- (2) 5 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ (I used Whisper White here)
- Designer Series Paper:
- (2) 5 3/8″ x 3 7/8″ (One will go on the front, the other on one of back of the gift card holder panel)
- (1) 5 1/2″ x 8″ Scored at 4″
- Various scraps of cardstock depending on design of yours
- Attach one piece of DSP to front of card.
- Stamp desired images on Whisper White panels; adhere to colored card stock panels, adhere those to left and center inside panels.
- Trim about an 1/8 inch off of right most panel (this will help card close nicely).
- Trim 1/8 inch off of 2nd smaller piece of DSP and adhere to back of right most panel.
- For gift card pocket: take large piece of DSP at upper right hand corner and fold to just a little bit inside of the score line. Burnish well. Trim about 1/8 inch off of the side while folded (not the side that is scored or else you’ll have two pieces of DSP). Glue the inside of this piece along the edges so that it creates a pocket. Adhere to right most panel.
- Embellish the front of card to match your theme. I used a Velcro dot to keep this card closed but a belly band would work nicely, too.
To purchase any items I used for this particular card, please contact me or click here.
Thank you for looking – if you have any questions on how to create this great item, drop a comment or email me.
What other themes might make this card more fun?