When I first got the Wave of Inspiration bundle over a year ago, I made another 3D card as part of a swap (take a look here). As I was planning cards for my fun fold class, I immediately thought of this set again. I think it’s that big wave stamp – it just begs for a card that makes a big . . . splash (ba dum dum!)
I chose Pacific Point (no brainer) as my color choice and paired it with some of the By the Bay Specialty Designer Paper. It make such a nice background for the wave.
To make this card you’ll need:
- Pacific Point cardstock: 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″, 7″, 8 1/2″, and 10″
- By the Bay Specialty DSP: 1 piece cut at 4″x 5 1/4″, 1 piece at 4 3/4″
- Basic White cardstock: 4″ x 5 1/4″; scraps for clouds and pelican
- Crumb Cake cardstock: 2 pieces cut at 1 1/4″ x 4″
- Pacific Point and Early Espresso inks
- Basic Supplies (clear blocks, snips, trimmers, adhesives, etc)
- Wink of Stella Brush, Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends, Timber 3D Embossing Folder, Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine
- Waves of Inspiration stamp set and Waves Dies
Here are the steps to make the card:
- Burnish all the score line inward (so you’ll basically be making a box at the bottom of the card)
- Stamp the wave image in Pacific Point on the piece of DSP then adhere to the 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ section of the Pacific Point base – on the inside so that the ‘box’ part will cover some of it when adhered
- Adhere the Basic White piece on the back of the card (you can put that 3/4″ x 4″ piece of DSP on the bottom for a little fun)
- Emboss the two pieces of Crumb Cake using the Timber 3D Embossing Folder
- Crop clouds out of scraps of Basic White
- Stamp pelican image using Early Espresso ink on a scrap of Basic White. ‘Color’ in the wood using Wink of Stella and the beak of the pelican using a Light Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blend
- Assemble your card
Here’s a side view of the card to give a better picture:
If that was as clear as mud, I have a little video that shows the process:
Thanks for looking – here are the links to the products that I used:Product List
For orders under $150, please use hostess code RTSC4UED upon check out. If your order is over that amount, don’t use that code and enjoy those Stampin’ Rewards. Contact me with any questions.
Again – thanks for looking and I hope you have a happy, crafty day!